The Sydney West Branch has been involved in the EarthCare Centre located in the grounds of the University of Western Sydney, Richmond for over ten years. The Branch participates in managing the site and organises events such as seminars and guest speaker sessions and provides information to the public at special environmental events such as Sustainable House Day. We hold regular bi-monthly meetings, providing the opportunity to meet other people interested in sustainability and to exchange information. We want to continue our involvement in the EarthCare Centre and this can only be achieved by more of us being actively engaged.
At our Saturday, June 1 meeting (10.00 – 11.30) we will be holding elections to elect the branch committee for the coming year. We are therefore calling for any members interested in being a part of the committee for the next twelve months to consider nominating for a position.
What is involved and who is required:
- Convenor – chairs meetings and is the point of contact for the branch and the ATA office.
- Treasurer – collects, records and forwards any monies generated at meetings to the ATA Office.
- Secretary – assists the convenor and the committee members with meeting planning; sends out meeting invite and agenda, records and distributes meeting minutes
- Webpage Administrator – updates the branch webpage
- Committee members (3) – assists other elected representatives and the organisation of Branch activities
As you can see the responsibilities are not great and don’t forget that this is all about having fun! If you feel that you can handle this and would like to see the branch continue and grow, we would like to hear from you. If you would like some more information) just email your name and membership number to Jenny Dibley, identifying which position(s) you would be interested in.
Please consider putting your name forward as it will help ensure the future of the branch. The roles require a low level of commitment and are a fun way to get involved. Looking forward to hearing from lots of you!
The ATA Sydney West Branch Committee of Management and
Jenny Dibley ATA Sydney West Branch Convenor
Ph 02 6207 6430 email@example.com