Time: 6.00pm for 6.30 pm start
Where: Wallaby Room, 11th Floor, Telstra Building, 320 Pitt St Sydney. Click here for a map.
With more than 13 years’ experience in straw bale & earth homes and buildings, Sam has built more than 20 straw bale and earth homes and buildings for clients. He is a qualified carpenter, supervisor, builder and training instructor. He has built three straw bale homes for himself and lives in one. He chooses to build with straw bales, light straw, cob, poured earth, rammed earth and timber.
- What is ‘sustainable’ building? Forget the technology – it’s easier than you think!
- Why natural materials are better for your health, and avoiding the toxic hazards of conventional building materials
- Natural building materials and thermal performance – mass and insulation
- Design strategies for natural materials
- Costings and estimates for designing natural homes to a budget and cost comparisons with conventional building materials
- Examples of 7+ star homes
- Embodied energy of construction and running costs
Natural materials are a core part of sustainable building. Combined with passive solar design they create beautiful, world-changing homes.
Please Register by selecting ATTEND at atasydney.eventbrite.com.au
Other Items of Interest:
May Information Evening for Australian Solar Council, NSW Branch
6.00 for 6.30 pm, Tuesday, 28 May 2013
Room CB10.05.580, University of Technology, Sydney
Main speaker: Stephen White (CSIRO), Prospects for Solar Cooling
Future Directions speaker: Kate Kelly (Sustainability and Asset Planning Officer, NSW State Government).
To confirm seating, please RSVP by 12 noon Tuesday, 28 May to Eventbrite.. For a printable flyer click here.
We are looking for volunteers to join us on one or both of the below events, No experience necessary, for a great day talking to like minded people and promoting our activities and a sustainable life. Please email [email protected] for more info and to Volunteer.
• ATA can join CASES.org.au at the 2013 Bondi the Beautiful Fair on the Sunday 7 July.
• Australian Solar Council (ASC) an ATA Sydney branch have been invited by Willoughby Council to participate in their Spring Street Fair on 7 September.
ATA Sydney Central branch regularly receives invitations of interest to our branch members but we are careful to ensure we do not fill up your inbox. So that you do not miss we have started to post these items to Sustainability News Facebook and Twitter along with an increasing number of sustainability related groups.
– ATA Sydney Central Branch – Convenor