ATA Adelaide branch meeting - South Australia's electricity grid - the future visionAugust 21, 2017 at 7:30 pm
When: Monday 21 August 2017, 7.30pm sharp
Where: Goodwood Community Centre (Banquet Hall), 32 Rosa St, Goodwood SA. The centre is convenient to the tram, buses and train. Enter the car park via Florence St.
Cost: ATA members $2. Non-members $5, tea, coffee and biscuits provided.
ElectraNet Pty Ltd manages the high voltage electricity transmission infrastructure in South Australia. Rainer Korte, Electranet's Asset Manager, will explain the company's Network Vision and how this will incorporate renewable sources to ensure reliability:
- The Big Battery: What it is, why it's at Jamestown and what it's intended to do?
- What other storage and generation capacity is planned?
- What benefits could upgraded interconnectors provide? Could SA make significant exports to neighbouring states?
- 'Baseload power', 'Frequency control' and 'Synchronous inertia': What do they mean and can wind/solar provide them?
- Is there a limit to solar and wind generation in the SA system?
- How can we prevent a repetition of the Sept blackouts and the Feb load shedding?
November 20th meeting
No meeting in Sept or Oct. Our Nov 20th meeting will feature a presentation about electric vehicle and charging infrastructure development - see the November newsletter for details.
Sustainable House Day - Sunday September 17th
Many energy efficient homes will open for inspection in this ATA managed event. Check www.sustainablehouseday.com to find those in your area.
Fluid Solar visit: The visit to Fluid Solar was well attended. Thanks to Trevor Deegan for showing us around.
Other events - Adelaide Sustainable Building Network
Aug 7th Forum: Research in Sustainable Built Environments.
Sept 15th Sustainable House Day Showcase. Presentations about houses to open on SHD.
Oct 4th Spotlight Event: Blue Infrastructure.
See the ASBN Facebook page here for details.
ATA meetings put people with questions in touch with people who might have answers. The Q&A session is an open discussion about sustainability topics.
As always, the Committee invites suggestions for presentations and feedback regarding what they want from ATA meetings - send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings are open to ATA members and non-members. They aim to be informative and interactive in helping people to learn about living and building sustainability. We look forward to seeing you.
ATA Adelaide Branch Committee & Steve Jenkins, Convenor Phone: 0418 852 234.