For ATA members in the Canberra area and surrounds.
ATA Canberra Branch
You can find a summary of the “Networks Renewed: Using smart home solar to protect our power grids” presentation from our May meeting in this article.
The Canberra branch meets regularly on the last Wednesday of the month, 7:30pm at the Ian Ross building, Australian National University.
Note: We are not having our normal November meeting as on that day the Climate Change Institute at the ANU will be hosting the annual ANU Energy Update. When: 29 November 2017, 8.30am–5pm
In addition: Members maybe interested in the SERREE ‘Renewable Energy Day 2017′ including bus tours on 25 November 2017. Details are available here.
ACT Loop Bus Tour
Mugga Lane Solar Park
Mt Stromlo Mini-Hydro
The Link at Ginninderry
CIT Renewable Energy Skills Centre
ITP Renewables Battery Test Centre
ANU Big Dish
NSW Loop Bus Tour
Woodlawn Wind Farm
Mt Majura Solar Farm
You can contact the branch via their email address: [email protected]
Branch committee members can access the branch committee page here.
- 25 October 2017 : Batteries – real-life and modelling with the ATA Sunulator
- 30 August 2017 : Developments in technologies and modelling for sustainable housing
- 26 July 2017 : ATA Canberra branch at AIA ‘Hot Housing’ lecture, exhibition and tour.
- 28 June 2017 : Making the ACT sustainable and carbon neutral
- 31 May 2017 : Networks Renewed: Using smart home solar to protect our power grids
- 26 April 2017 : One path to an all-electric home
- 22 Feb 2017 : Planning and Feedback evening
- 30 Nov 2016 : BZE’s Zero Carbon Australia project & branch Annual Meeting
- 26 Oct 2016 : The Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) in real life.
- 28 Sept 2016 : The NextGen energy storage program and long term performance testing of batteries.
- 31 Aug 31, 2016 : Electric heat pumps for water and space heating
- 27 July, 2016 : ATA information stall at AIA Solar House Day
- 29 June 2016 : ACT Next Generation Energy Storage Program
- 15 June 2016 : Tour of a sustainable house with Architect Peter Overton
- 25 May 2016 : Temperature measurement, household energy modelling and the Theory of Cumulative Incompetence
- 30 Mar 2016 : Measurement of building energy efficiency and use.
- 24 Feb 2016 : Recent developments in the ACT House Energy Ratings scheme
A full list of Canberra branch past events can be found here.