ATA Melbourne Branch
The ATA Melbourne Branch provides a forum for people in the Melbourne region to share their interest in sustainability, including renewable energy, conserving energy, good building design and water conservation. These topics often have a practical slant and include members’ hands-on experience.
Meetings: Usually held monthly on the third Wednesday of the month from February to November. Please note the specific venue location and time for each event. Meetings are generally held at Swinburne University Hawthorn or The Energy Transition Hub (Melb Uni) in Carlton, both commencing at 7pm.
The main focus of a meeting is a presentation by one or more guest speakers. There is plenty of opportunity for asking general questions to the group and socializing after the formal presentation.
There is normally no need to rsvp unless noted on the event page. Entry is free, but a gold coin donation is appreciated to help offset costs, and visitors are always very welcome at our events.
FLIR thermal imaging camera for hire
The Melbourne branch has a FLIR thermal imaging camera for hire to local ATA members. Click here for details.
Here’s the video from our July 2018 meeting.
The Melbourne Branch Youtube channel can be found here.
Convenor – Vacant
Secretary – Chris Moss
Treasurer – Peter Wonfor
Committee Members – Robin Gardner
Branch email for enquiries: email@example.com
Branch committee members can access the branch committee page here.
- 15 August 2018 : Alan Pears: Towards zero emission homes – lessons learnt and new developments
- 18 July 2018 : Totally Renewable Yackandandah, Mini- and Micro-Grids and their impact on Community Energy
- 20 June 2018 : Fuel Cells, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change Action
- 16 May 2018 : Toxic and Terminal – the health legacy of coal
- 18 April 2018 : Assessing changes and developments to our electrical grid and system – Anne Pearson, CEO, AEMC
- 21 March 2018 : Battery Storage: An Update
- 21 February 2018: Reducing energy costs with energy efficiency
- 2 December 2017 : End of Year Christmas BBQ and visit to the CERES Eco House
- 15 November 2017 : Rethinking Cement
- 18 October 2017: Victorian Energy Upgrades and Residential Energy Scorecard – Cash incentives
- 20 September 2017 : Securing Australia’s energy future – Audrey Zibelman, CEO, AEMO
- 16 August 2017 : Pumped hydro: Power storage options in the age of renewables
- 19 July 2017 : ATA current, future and energy policy update
- 21 June 2017 : ARENA and the future of renewables
- 17 May 2017 : Film and Forum: “Our Power”
- 23 April 2017 : Site visit to EcoLiv Wonthaggi and the Cape Project Cape Patterson
- 15 Mar 2017 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – Moving Towards New Energy
- 15 February 2017 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – Reposit – the FiT alternative
- 20 Nov 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch – Site Visit – Cranbourne Botanic Gardens guided tour
- 19 October 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – Tim Forcey – Saving money by using less gas in the home
- 21 Sept 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – Community Energy – A Huge Potential
- 17 August 2016 : ATA Melbourne Branch Meeting – Electric Vehicles in 2016 and 2017
- 20 July, 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – Energy Policy After The Election: Where Are We Now?
- 15 Jun 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – Community Energy with Taryn Lane (Embark & Hepburn Wind)
- 18 May 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – ATA Lighting Up East Timor
- 20 Apr 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – Energy Freedom – 9 Steps
- 16 Mar 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting – Voltage optimisation and its benefits
- 17 Feb 2016 : ATA Melbourne branch meeting: \”The Demise of Hazelwood?\”
A full list of Melbourne branch events can be found here.