This branch is to provide a forum for anyone interested in Electric Vehicles such as bicycles, cars and other forms of transport.
This branch is to provide a forum for anyone interested in Electric Vehicles such as bicyces, cars and other forms of transport.
Meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm in the Engineering Faculty, Swinburne University, Hawthorn campus (entry via the EN building). Note: This month (May) we return to the Engineering Building and Room EN515.
For a map of Swinburne see http://www.swinburne.edu.au/campuses/hawthorn/index.html
There is a monthly 30-45 minute meeting where matters pertaining to electric vehicles are discussed followed by a guest speaker who speaks to one of the many topics relating to electric vehicles. The formal part of the night is followed by an informal gathering for tea, coffee and biscuits and a chance to catch up with like minded people. There is no need to book and everyone (ATA member or not) is most welcome.
Live web streaming and on-demand content
Live web streaming of the next meeting and recordings of previous meetings can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/user/ATAMelbourneEVGroup
You can use Google+ to connect to ask questions before and during the meeting (currently being tested).
- Convenor – Paul Paton
- Secretary – Adrian Cowan
- Treasurer – David Clark
- Committee Members – Felix Goodyear, Clint Steele
Branch email – [email protected]
Branch committee members can access the branch committee page here
- 24 May 2017 : The 30 Year Lithium-Ion Battery
- 26 April 2017 : The Electric Highway for Victoria
- 22 March 2017 : Tesla Topics – Batteries for SA & Model 3
- 3 Dec 2016 : ATA Melbourne EV branch – Christmas Breakup
- 23 Nov 2016 : Beyond Zero Emissions EV Report & branch Annual Meeting
- 16 Oct 2016 : Melbourne EV Expo 2016
- 28 Sept 2016 : 3 years in a Holden Volt
- 27 Jul 2016 : Home batteries using used laptop batteries
- 22 Jun 2016 : Alternative electrolytes for lead acid batteries
- 25 May 2016 : Home Solar and an Electric Vehicle – Why they compliment each other
- 27 Apr 2016 : Team Swinburne 2016 Formula SAE Race Car
- 24 Feb 2016 : Self Driving Cars: Current progress and a look into the future