Melbourne EV branch meeting - Self Driving Cars: Current progress and a look into the futureFebruary 24, 2016 at 6:00 pm
When: Wednesday 24 February 2016, 7:00pm
Where: Room EN615, Swinburne University, Hawthorn campus, Burwood road, Hawthorn. If you have trouble locating the Engineering Building (EN) then you look at this Hawthorn campus map.
To start the year off our branch convener Paul Paton will be covering self driving cars, both current progress and what the future will bring including:
- Current cars: driver assist, lane following and collision avoidance.
- Current research: Google autonomous vehicle and others around the world.
- Technology: LIDAR, precision GPS, computer vision, NVIDIA artificial intelligence.
- Safety records and government regulation.
- Formula E: RoboRace 300km/h autonomous race cars. Technology supplied by Kinetik.
- Future opportunities and applications.
Missed the last meeting? Catch up with YouTube here.