ATA Sydney Central branch meeting - Opportunities in Household Energy Storage - What is Happening Now!May 9, 2016 at 6:30 pm
When: Monday 9 May, 6:00pm for a 6:30-7:30pm start.
Where: Interface head office and showroom, 101 Chalmers St Surry Hills (click here for a map).
- Mary Hendriks Industry Executive of the Australian Energy Storage Alliance has her ear to the ground on energy storage in Australia currently holding positions with Aussie Renewables & GoBizGreen as well as managing the conference programme for the Australian Energy Storage Conference & Exhibition.
- Natacha Lavorel is the NSW Business Development Manager for SolaHart specialising in commercial PV projects. She has 7 years of experience as a business development manager across Europe and Australia
- Kenneth Hee, R&D Engineer (PV products) is an expert in advanced photovoltaic and storage technologies and has previously worked for Suntech and CSG Solar in developing innovative photovoltaic technologies.
Talk summary: Mary will open with an update on energy storage in Australia including the variety of energy storage technologies that home owners can now install or consider for the near future. Natacha and Kenneth will then cover lithium-ion batteries in general and in particular the newly arrived Tesla Powerwall. Their presentation will focus on:
- Economics, system operation & capabilities of this energy storage system
- Future developments in the use of lithium-ion batteries in Australia
- Lessons learnt from installations of the Powerwall
- The self-consumption benefits from the first few weeks of a Tesla Powerwall system in use.
Members and non-members are asked to register by selecting ATTEND at: atasydney.eventbrite.com.au
Directions and further details:
Please arrive at 6:00pm for a 6:30pm start.
The Interface head office and showroom is located within the heritage-listed 101 Chalmers Street building in Sydney. Access from Central Station involves turning right as you leave the Devonshire St exit, and then a short walk with a second, almost immediate right - if you get to to Prince Alfred Park you have gone too far!
Look for a two-storey red brick and sandstone building that adjoins a single-storey library, known as the ‘Railway Institute Building’. Entrance is at the rear of this building that has been faithfully restored and redesigned with stunning interiors, turning it into a showcase of environmental sustainability. Due to our proximity to Central Station, we encourage attendees to catch public transport to this event as nearby parking is limited.
Tea, coffee and tasty snacks are available before and after the talk, with donations gratefully accepted.
The ATA is an independent organisation that does not endorse products and seeks to provide members with information so that they can make well-informed sustainable decisions.
Our event is just a taster for the not to be missed Australian Energy Storage Conference & Exhibition held on 1 & 2 June at Australian Technology Park which has good access from Redfern Station. This event includes a full two day Energy Storage conference with international speakers, free energy storage and electric car exhibitions as well as free solar installer workshops. Registration is a must. As a special offer please quote code ATA2016 for a 10% discount for ATA members on conference tickets.
Thanks for your ongoing support of the ATA Sydney Central Branch.
ATA Sydney Central Branch - Events Coordinator
Phone: 0403 547 457