For ATA members in the central Sydney area
ATA Sydney Central branch - Renewables Update – Opportunities & ConsiderationsAugust 8, 2016 at 6:00 pm
When: Monday 8 August, 6:00pm for a 6:30-7:30pm start.
Where: Interface head office and showroom, 101 Chalmers St Surry Hills (click here for a map).
Speaker: Damien Moyse is the ATA’s Policy & Research Manager. Damien leads ATA’s policy analysis and advocacy work, engaging with government, industry and the consumer sector in the areas of energy efficiency and demand management, renewable energy and carbon markets.
Talk summary: Damien is one of Australia’s leading independent energy policy and technology analysts, will be sharing his knowledge and research into where technology, energy policies and the cost of energy are taking us.
Damien will cover the following:
- Where are we are with renewable energy and energy efficiency?
- What are the opportunities for householders in an era of low feed in tariffs?
- What is the future for gas? Can households do without it?
- What about batteries and storage?
- What about electric vehicles?
Members and non-members are asked to register by selecting ATTEND at our Eventbrite page here.
The ATA is excited to be the sole organiser of SHD and we have some exciting developments for this year including:
- New website design to go live in the next few weeks
- The federal government has come on board as a national partner for this year’s event
- We have a media partnership with Porter Novelli a leading PR agency who will be supplying pro bono media services to help us reach a broader audience
- Swinburne University part of the CRC for Low Carbon Living have come on board for another year to conduct pre and post survey analysis to measure the impact of SHD
Help spread with word for house nominations
- We have 60 houses confirmed so far but if you know of any suitable houses or can spread through your networks the call for houses below would be great.
Some of the best green homes in Australia will be open to the public on Sustainable House Day on September 11. If you've worked hard to make your home sustainable and would like to share your knowledge with others, open it on the day. Go to sustainablehouseday.com
- Help spread the word on the call for houses. Click here to download and share the SHD 2016 meme across your social media networks
Help spread the word on the event
- We have developed a Sustainable House Day postcard. Let us know if you would like some to distribute through your networks.
- There is also a range of posters you can download here: http://sustainablehouseday.com/about-shd/forms/
If you have any queries email [email protected] or phone Katy on 03 9631 5405.
Auatralian Solar Council Sydney Chapter would like to invite ATA members and friends to their information eveningsheld on the fourth Tuesday of every month.For details go to their website here.
Members and non-members are asked to register by selecting ATTEND at: atasydney.eventbrite.com.au
Directions and further details:
Please arrive at 6:00pm for a 6:30pm start.
The Interface head office and showroom is located within the heritage-listed 101 Chalmers Street building in Sydney. Access from Central Station involves turning right as you leave the Devonshire St exit, and then a short walk with a second, almost immediate right - if you get to to Prince Alfred Park you have gone too far!
Look for a two-storey red brick and sandstone building that adjoins a single-storey library, known as the ‘Railway Institute Building’. Entrance is at the rear of this building that has been faithfully restored and redesigned with stunning interiors, turning it into a showcase of environmental sustainability. Due to our proximity to Central Station, we encourage attendees to catch public transport to this event as nearby parking is limited.
Tea, coffee and tasty snacks are available before and after the talk, with donations gratefully accepted.
The ATA is an independent organisation that does not endorse products and seeks to provide members with information so that they can make well-informed sustainable decisions.
Thanks for your ongoing support of the ATA Sydney Central Branch.
ATA Sydney Central Branch -Events Coordinator
Email Direct to [email protected]
Phone: 0403 547 457