Bring your experience and skill to the Alternative Technology Association (ATA) board and help create a sustainable future.
As a member of the Board of the ATA, a director will:
- promote the ATA’s purpose – that is to enable, represent and inspire people to live sustainably in their homes and communities;
- provide governance and oversight of the ATA’s operations to the ATA membership;
- act and perform the role of a director in accordance with all legal and financial accountabilities; and
- represent the activities of the ATA to the membership and wider community.
ATA is undergoing change and growth with its products and services, membership, reach, impact, brand and reputation. This is a critical time for ATA and for improved sustainability for all Australians.
The Board seeks individuals with a keen interest in sustainable technologies and social change and specifically with professional skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- marketing memberships/behaviour change;
- human resources management.
- sustainable technologies/building design/sustainability sector
These particular skills are required to support achievement of the ATA’s strategy and as part of succession planning.
In addition general skills are required in:
- Business service and product development and growth
- Partnerships with industry and government
- Membership, events, and client services.
Previous Board and/or executive management experience with training in governance related processes (e.g. Australian Institute of Company Director training) is desirable.
The ATA board operates in a collaborative, collegiate manner, and welcomes new members who are team players, open and respectful of one another, management, members and partners.
Board Directors must be members of ATA and are elected by members of the ATA at the Annual General Meeting. The Board can appoint directors to vacancies occurring between AGMs with all appointments made by the Board to be confirmed by election by the members at the next AGM. Board Directors are appointed for a two-year term and can serve a maximum of three consecutive terms.
Applicants lodging their applications will be shortlisted, interviewed and recommended to the members.
Please forward your CV and written application (using the Application Form below) by Monday 4th September 2017